ANNUAL CHARTER FOR H.O.G.® CHAPTERS
The Harley Owners Group® (H.O.G.) is an organization founded and sponsored by Harley Davidson® Motor Company. The group was established to offer motorcycling benefits and services to Harley-Davidson enthusiasts throughout the world, and to develop a close relationship between the Harley-Davidson rider, the Harley-Davidson dealer and Harley-Davidson Motor Company.
The opportunity to start an independent chapter affiliated with the Harley Owners Group is offered to bring members together for the common interest of promoting motorcycling activities. The goal of each chapter is to generate an increased level of enthusiasm for riding Harley-Davidson motorcycles. The chapter shall be a family
oriented and a nonpolitical organization.
Article I - Purpose
1. The purpose of the local chapter shall be to promote responsible motorcycling activities for Harley Owners Group members by conducting chapter activities and encouraging participation in other H.O.G. events.
2. Chapter activities and operations shall be conducted in a manner consistent with a family oriented nonpolitical philosophy.
Article II - Sponsorship
1.Each chapter must be sponsored by an authorized Harley-Davidson dealer. The decision to sponsor a chapter shall be undertaken solely at the dealer's discretion.
2. An authorized Harley-Davidson dealer may sponsor only one H.O.G. chapter.
3. The sponsoring dealer shall have absolute authority to require that the sponsored chapter conducts its operations and activities in accordance with the sponsoring dealer's standards. The sponsoring dealer shall require the chapter to operate and conduct activities in accordance with this charter and H.O.G. operating policies.
4. The sponsoring dealer shall have authority over, and approval rights regarding, the content of all chapter publications.
5. The sponsoring dealer shall have authority over any and all matters pertaining to chapter membership.
6. The sponsoring dealer may establish chapter dues, which dues shall be used solely to pay or defray the cost of chapter administration.
Article Ill - Application and Term of Relationship
Chapter affiliation with H.O.G. shall be for a one year term and shall be subject to annual application and acceptance by H.O.G.
Article IV - Name and Affiliation
1. The Harley Owners Group, a division of Harley Davidson Motor Company, is the governing body for all H.O.G. chapters. Each chapter affiliated with the Harley Owners Group shall be a separate and independent organization providing services to its chapter members on a "not-for-profit" basis.
2. Each affiliated chapter must adhere to this Charter and to H.O.G. Operating Policies.
3. Affiliated chapters shall be named after the respective city or locale of the sponsoring dealer. H.O.G. shall have the right to approve chapter names.
4. Should H.O.G. determine, in its sole discretion, that a chapter is not adhering to this Charter, H.O.G. may rescind its recognition of the chapter as a H.O.G. affiliated organization. Dealers may likewise rescind sponsorship of their chapter at any time, at which time the chapters' H.O.G. affiliation shall also cease.